Monday, September 1, 2008

Veg Hawai'i: Part III of III: Tofufreak eats KAUA'I!!!!!

Well people, it's now the very last installment of my trip. Thanks for reading about my travels! Enjoy!

Friends, you are looking at heaven on a plate. Pan fried cheese-free risotto cakes with grilled asparagus and balsamic reduction with a drizzle of basil oil and fresh salsa!!! This was REALLY SUPER GOOD. This was probably one of the best meals that I had on all three islands.
On our last morning, I went to the Lotus Root (albeit a little bit ruefully; I was unable to make it to the Blossoming Lotus :'( ) . I got a breakfast burrito that had scrambled tofu, YUMMY seasoned potatoes, black beans, and salsa. What I really loved about the LR was the fact that they had NOOCH IN A SHAKER !!!!!! That was really exciting ;)
LOOKIE WHAT I GOT!!!!!!
RAW COCONUT FUDGE!!!! OH. MY. GOODNESS. Words cannot describe this at all. It was super rich (this was only a half-piece) . Chocolate, Coconut, (and some kind of nut that I can't remember, for the life of me) . I would go back for THIS piece of fudge. Really. Really. Good.
Brownie!!! How good does this look?!?!?! Unfortunately, that's about as good as it gets. It was moist; yes, but other than that, it lacked chocolate-ness, despite it's color and abundance of chocolate chips. :(
Mint Chocolate Cookies!!! I was a little apprehensive of these at first (I mean, mint and chocolate; sure, but mint, chocolate, and OATS?!) Needless to say(hehe I broke off a corner; couldn't resist!), they were VERY extraordinarily scrumptious!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies!!! GAHHH!!! These were the best things that I bought!!!! SOOO yummy. Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

Choco-Macadamia Nut- Coconut Cookie!!!!! This one was particularly rich, toothsome, and textured.
Can you see why I was in a sugar coma for about a week? lol.


For lunch on the way back home, I had a tuna-free tempeh wrap that I bought at the Lotus Root. It was light and refreshingly good, especially when compared to the EXTREMELY oily airport chinese food that everyone else was having.

Thus ends my journey to the lovely islands of Hawai'i. Hope you enjoyed!

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORRRRGEOUS food, oh my goodness. So glad that you had fun in Hawaii (how could you not? it's a spectacular location, haha).

Oh and I read in your Part I post that ordering the carob shake made you think of me, haha! So fun :0)

Ruby Red said...

I'm going to have to go back and read about all your Hawaii adventures now. That box of treats looks absolutely spectacular -- the mint chocolate cookies, the macadamia blondies... Sugar heaven right there.

The risotto is so pretty! I need to go to Hawaii now to get some!

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky to go to Hawaii, it's so beautiful!


I can't believe how many delious treats you got! I might experiment with mint chocolate oatmeal cookies myself...

Allison said...

Ok, so I'm sitting here procrastinating while I'm supposed to be grading Spanish tests....and now you have to go and tempt me like this?? I just might have to go in search of a snack now, though I'm sure I won't find anything in my kitchen as yummy as what you described here!!!

Anonymous said...

Brownies! YUM! all your food looks so good.

Red vines are a little chewier than twizzlers and I feel less sweeter. It's hard to say though because I haven't had twizzlers in so long.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great and delicious time in Hawaï.
For the Panisses I can give you this quick recipe:
boil 200g chickpeaflour in 650 ml broth or water. Stir for 10 min. till it doesn't stick to your pan anymore. Put it in the fridge in something roundshaped. Let it get totally cold. Now you have something you can slice up very easy and bake it in some olive-oil.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh my gosh, look at all those desserts! You remind me of myself, when I went to Philadelphia-- I brought back a huge array of vegan baked goods from my fave vegan bakery.

And those risotto cakes look gorgeous beyond gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I still can't believe all of the good food you had in the island!

That raw fudge is calling my name!

Anonymous said...

oh wow, Hawai'i looks gorgeous! I definetly want to travel there sometime! So pretty!!

Omg, that White Chocolate Blondie looks so good.. as does the rest of your eats...

Just found your blog and it's great!