Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tester!!! Cherry Macaroon Tarts!!!

Second tester recipe for Hannah Kaminsky's upcoming book is cherry macaroon tarts! I made the recipe same as everyone else except for the fact that I used mini tart pans 'cause that's how I roll. And I also couldn't help but garnish them with drizzled chocolate and slivered almonds. ^_^


Close up:

Look; it's disappearing!!! haha


Oh and I've been tagged too by Becca of A vegan with a reason blog! So anyhoo if you want to know-- here's seven random facts:

1. I'm a Taiwanican!! hahaha. Taiwanese descent+American citizenship= Taiwanican.
2. One of my MAJOR pet peeves is when people ask me what I'm eating and then proceed to say in an obnoxiously ignorant tone, "GROSS!!!"
3. I'm too old for my age.
4. I'm too fat for my size.
5. I have played violin since I was 6.
6. I have played piano since I was 5-6.
7. Tofufreak is one word, please. If and when you do add my to your blogrolls, could you list me as either In the kitchen of a tofufreak or tofufreak? Thank ya much :D

oh and I'm too lazy to tag anyone. Look-- a bonus factoid! you lucky bums :P

22 comments:

maya said...

great recipe.looks so good:)

Anonymous said...

That is such an adorable picture of the mini tarts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nom! Looks great.
And I love your facts too~ very concise yet informative >:o)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Those mini tarts look scrumptious!!!


haha cute facts =)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Yummy little tarts! I love them! You are such a talented tofu-freak... I mean tofufreak! Tofufreak!! :P

Allison said...

Aww, I love you, Steph! You are the cutest!! =]

jessy said...

oh wow! the cherry macaroon tarts look perfect! i love, love, love your choice of garnish! mmmmmmm!

good to know on the listing for blogrolls - i'm gonna double check to make sure i've got tofufreak listed correctly! :D

Anonymous said...

amazing! Those tarts look bakery-worthy.

Anonymous said...

holy crap. those tarts are lovely!!!

haha i just wrote tards on accident and then changed it. i'm such an idiot.

x said...

Cherry Macaroon Tarts = yum!

And I had to go check my blogroll to see if I split tofufreak, I dind't but I did give it a capital T!

emma said...

your pastries look AMAZING!

Emily said...

I have to agree with your fact about people saying "gross!" when they ask what I'm eating. How do they know if they've never tried it??

Although, when people try to taunt me with animal products like they think they can influence me to give in, "gross!!" is all I can really think. But I'm -usually- polite enough not to say it...usually.

T said...

Oh man I LERV cherries. These look fabulous!

Rural Vegan said...

Cute little tarts! And I added you to my blogroll - tofufreak - one word! ;)

Virginia said...

i have given you an award! check it out on my blog!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS TART!!

Fun facts!!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

those look delicious!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

that tart is disappearing... IN MY VIRTUAL MOUTH! :OOOOO~~~~~

haha, Tawainican!

Unknown said...

aww those look so delicious and cute! nice jobbb :)

beauty and bread said...

oh those look beautiful! great job!

Bethany said...

loving the tarts.

awesome facts! I love the last free fact. very funny.

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

Hi can u post the recipes too plz?
I may have missed them I guess..sorry . Nevertheless plz do give me the recipe.