Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy blogiversary to me! Let's celebrate with... a wedding?

Not mine! haha.

If you've been around my blog, you'll remember Tito, the Spanish class chihuahua. Well, he met Lola, and we threw a wedding for them during lunch on Thursday, March 5th.


Here they are with the officiating pastor, groom's men and bridesmaids:


First kiss! ^.^ pictured with el pastor, la dama de honor, y el padrino de boda

And what's a wedding without cake? (albeit a sloppy one-- I didn't bake the actual cakes until 5 o'clock on Wednesday... oops)

Marzipan chihuahuas that I made for cake toppers:

El pastel con los novios:

I made their outfits, too! :) Lola is completely dressed, but Tito was missing his bow tie at the time :(

There he is with his bow tie!

And, of course, there had to be a luna de miel:

At the "beach":



In the woods:

feed the birds..tuppence a bag!













And look who's home!

18 comments:

Amy said...

Aww I hope Tito and Lola have a long and happy marriage. They're certainly an adorable couple. And wow! What a cake they had! You'd never know it was (sloppy?). It's incredible!

Amy said...

Whoops! I forgot to say Happy Blog Anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

I almost started tearing up at that beautiful ceremony ;)

Sloppy cake?!?! WHAT? It looks perfect to me =)

Virginia said...

OMG most adorable post EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mihl said...

Happy blog anniversary! That's such a cute story, I love the outfits you made! And the cake looks amazing!

The Vrugginks said...

Haha - love it - I laughed so hard! Although I must say they probably didn't appreciate you following them on their honeymoon - haha! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! You're so talented! That cake looks amazing, and I can't believe you even made their clothes! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! And that's an amazing looking cake!!!

aTxVegn said...

That is the cutest wedding ever. Happy Blogiversary!

T said...

Oh my goodness, your school looks so fun. Those pics are adorable.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Cute post! Happy blogiversary. That wedding cake you made is stunning, and the toppers are so cute!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

OK - cutest post EVER! Sloppy cake? Are you kidding? The cake is beyond gorgeous!! The marzipan Chihuahuas are the most adorable things ever! All the pictures are too cute for words.

Happy blogiversary!! :)

Anonymous said...

cute!

Veggie Wedgie said...

These pictures are so cute and funny!! Your cakes are always so perfect.

PB and Jess said...

Awww...how cute! And Happy Ann'y :)

I haven't eaten that pumpkin cookie yet, but as soon as Lent is over it's mine!!!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

I can't even say, I love so much how you found an excuse to make a tiered wedding cake! Tell me you'll make mine, okay? :D

Anonymous said...

Aw. Excellent cake!

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

ah, I love these beautiful timeless wedding pictures!!! LOL